Online Sales Of Goods Policy
Bowland Bioenergy Ltd are committed to ensuring all goods and services sold are fit for purpose, as described and in-line with expectations. In addition to The Consumer Rights Act 2015 we have the following terms and conditions specifically relating to the sale of goods on our website.
Please note, any samples, descriptions and advertising material are provided to give you an approximation of the goods they represent. Species, brand and colours may vary but compliance with British Standards, where applicable, is not compromised.
You are considered to have placed an order and entered a binding contract with Bowland Bioenergy when you have:
Ticked that you have accepted the Terms and Conditions on the website.
Made payment for the goods ordered.
On completion of your order, you will be issued with an order number. Please quote this order number on any correspondence with Bowland Bioenergy Ltd.
Right to Cancel
If you wish to cancel an order, please do so as soon as possible to avoid any charges.
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving reason.
The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the date on which the final item in your order is delivered.
To exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement by email or letter addressed to either:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Bowland Bioenergy, Smithfield Farm, Twiston Lane, Downham, Clitheroe, BB7 4DF
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of Cancellation
- If you cancel this contract, once the goods are returned to us undamaged, we will reimburse the payment. Where you are unable or unwilling to arrange the return of the goods yourself, or where the goods have suffered a material reduction in value due to your handling of the goods, we will reduce the value of your reimbursement by the appropriate value.
- The customer will be responsible for the costs associated with returning the order to our warehouse. Where you are unable or unwilling to arrange the return of the order, Bowland Bioenergy will arrange for the return at the same cost as the delivery option you selected. If goods were collected from our depot by you, you are responsible for the costs in returning the goods to us.
- We reserve the right to make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (including removing bags from pallets, and not restacking them correctly, and/or damage to packing materials). We will only reduce the reimbursement in this case by the loss of value to the goods.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after we receive the goods back to our warehouse.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
VAT on domestic solid fuel is levied at either the reduced rate or standard rate of VAT. It is your responsibility to ensure that the VAT rate you specify on your order is appropriate for your intended use. Bowland Bioenergy Ltd will not be held responsible for the incorrect application of a VAT rate by a customer.
The rate of VAT levied on sales of fuel products is subject to the intended use of those products. Intended use: Fuel for burning in the customer’s appliance.
Fuel supplies for domestic use incur VAT at the reduced rate of 5%. Business customers may apply the reduced rate for some deliveries provided they satisfy the requirements in the legislation. Where business customers do not satisfy these requirements, they are obliged to pay the standard rate of VAT.
Intended use: Other All other supplies are made at the standard rate of VAT.
Further information can be found here: Fuel and Power (VAT Notice 701/19)
We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions as we see fit. You will always be bound by the terms and conditions that were active at the time your order was placed.